I’ve been eating Tim Tam for as long as I can remember, but no one ever told me about the Tim Tam Slam till this recent trip to Sydney. If you are a big fan of Tim Tam like I am (I can easily polish off an entire tube of Tim Tam anytime!), you will DEFINITELY love the Tim Tam Slam!
The Tim Tam Slam, or otherwise known as the Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb or Tim Tam Explosion, is basically a technique of drinking a hot beverage (milk or cocoa) through a Tim Tam.
I tried it with hot milk and the double chocolate Tim Tam, but you can try it with any of the Tim Tam variations. Here’s how you do it:
1) Pick up any Tim Tam of your preference. (I find the white chocolate one too sweet for this, while the dark chocolate rum & raisin one was SICK.)
2) Bite off diagonally opposite corners of the Tim Tam.
3) Dip one end of the Tim Tam into the hot milk. (I heated the mug of milk up in the microwave oven for three minutes.)
4) The Tim Tam will start to melt (the crisp inside biscuit softens as the outer chocolate coating melts), so you can use it like a straw and sip the milk up.
5) The Tim Tam melts really quickly, so once you have drank some milk, slurp up the rest of the molten Tim Tam before you lose it into the milk!
6) Savour that rush of sugar high!
I can’t believe I never knew what the Tim Tam Slam was until now, but it’s never too late! It’s really an explosion of fireworks in your brain and you have to try it if you have not. You can experiment with different flavours of Tim Tam, different kinds of beverages or even other kinds of chocolate-coated biscuits.
Warning: Tim Tams are high in calories.