HTC One™ Highlighted by an Amazing Camera, Authentic Sound Experience and Innovative Media Link HD Display
Unprecedented momentum for HTC One series – available beginning in April with broad global availability through more than 130 mobile operators and distributors
SINGAPORE – March 30, 2012 – HTC, a global designer of smartphones, today unveiled its new HTC One series of smartphones that represent its most premium mobile experience with a new level of iconic design, consisting of an amazing camera, authentic sound and state-of-the-art Media Link HD Display.
“One of the key objectives for the HTC One series, was to enable the user to remember their best moments in life easily, whether it be capturing a photo or listening to a song, so it was crucial for us to improve these emotional experiences with an amazing camera and authentic sound experience,” said Lennard Hoornik, President of HTC South Asia Pacific. “We are very focused on creating an invaluable camera and audio experience that is user-friendly, so customers will love using it and we believe that the HTC One series will deliver this like never before.”
With HTC’s most premium experience, the HTC One series integrates Android 4.0 (ICS) with HTC Sense™ 4, the new version of HTC’s branded user experience that is introducing HTC ImageSense™, a new suite of camera and imaging features that set HTC One apart from other phones. HTC Sense 4 also includes broad enhancements to audio quality and simplifies how people listen to music on their phone.
With ImageSense HTC One rivals traditional digital cameras with improvements to every part of the camera, including the lens, the sensor, the software, and even integrating a new custom HTC ImageChip. These enhancements combine to deliver our fastest image capture, best image quality under adverse conditions and easiest interface that enables quick access to capturing stills and videos with side-by-side photo and video capture buttons.
· Superfast Capture – HTC One dramatically reduces the time it takes to capture those key moments. In just 0.7 seconds you’re able to take a shot, and with a new superfast 0.2-seconds autofocus, continue to take nearly unlimited continuous shots simply by holding the shutter button.
· Good photos in adverse conditions – HTC One delivers dramatic enhancements in image capture quality even in adverse conditions such as low light, no light or with bright backlighting. The f/2.0 lens on the HTC One X offers best-in-class performance, capturing 40 percent more light than the f/2.4 lenses available on other high-end phones. HTC One also includes HDR, a market-leading technology, for taking great photos even when there are varying levels of brightness.
· Video Pic (Concurrent Video/Still Capture) – With Video Pic you capture a photo and shoot video at the same time. Now, while you’re shooting HD video, all you have to do is tap the shutter button and it snaps a high-resolution still photo while the video continues to shoot. You are also able to capture a photo frame from a previously recorded video.
· Dropbox integrated with HTC Sense - HTC One gives you an easy way to save and share your photos and videos. HTC has integrated Dropbox into HTC Sense 4 enabling HTC One customers to get 25 gigabytes of free Dropbox space for two years. That’s enough to keep more than 10,000 high-quality photos. Dropbox is also integrated throughout HTC Sense 4, so it’s easy to edit, save and share your documents and other kinds of files.
· Sharing your photos and more - HTC One gives you a new way to share your photos and videos. When you plug in HTC’s wireless Media Link HD* accessory into your TV’s HDMI port, you can easily share your photos, videos, or anything else on your phone with your friends, family or colleagues regardless of the television’s brand as long as it has HDMI.
With HTC One, Beats By Dr. Dre Audio™ integration is enabled for the first time across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound whether you’re listening to your favourite music, watching a YouTube™ video or playing a game.
HTC One also makes it easy to get and listen to your music on your phone with the built-in HTC Sync Manager software, available in Windows and Mac version, which automatically installs to your computer when connected. Once connected, it is easy to transfer songs, artists and playlists from your music library, whether it is iTunes or Windows Media Player. More importantly, the syncing can take place wirelessly as well.
Of course, people today no longer just listen to the songs stored on their phones; they use streaming services and tune into Internet radio. So HTC One lets you customise the new Music Hub with your favourite services and music applications, such as Doubletwist, Zimly and Soundhound, giving you one place to go for all of your music.
HTC One also lets you take all of your music anywhere, including the car. With HTC One, you get an easy way to bring your mobile music to your car’s sound system with the HTC Car Stereo Clip*. It also lets you connect to your music through more than 50 thousand online radio stations worldwide or play music from any service or app on your phone through your car speakers. All of these make HTC One the one place to enjoy all your music, wherever you are, with the power of Beats By Dr. Dre Audio and HTC Car.
Innovative Media Link HD Display
You can also now enjoy any form of high definition multimedia on TV effortlessly with one easy swipe to transfer what’s playing on your phone to the TV screen wirelessly. Additionally, whilst that’s going on, you can still surf the internet and check your emails on your phone.
HTC One X
The HTC One X features a beautifully crafted polycarbonate unibody that has the ruggedness of metal but is super lightweight. With seamless construction, the unibody combines a unique high gloss ‘piano’ finish and a matte back. HTC One is blazing fast with the new NVIDIA® Tegra 3 Mobile Processor for clear graphics, faster applications and longer battery life. It includes a 1.5GHz Super 4-PLUS-1™ quad-core with an integrated fifth Battery Saver Core and a high-performance 12-Core NVIDIA® GPU. The HTC One also has an amazing 4.7-inch, 720p HD screen crafted from contoured Corning™ Gorilla Glass. HTC One X will also be available in select 4G LTE markets with a LTE-enabled Qualcomm Snapdragon S4™ processor with up to 1.5GHz dual-core CPU’s.
HTC One V
Utilising the classic, award-winning design of the HTC Legend, the HTC One V brings top-end design to a smartphone with broad appeal and a premium experience that delivers an amazing camera and authentic sound. It features a simple, iconic aluminium unibody design that exudes craftsmanship and quality.
The HTC One X handset is available in Polar White and Glamour Grey, while the HTC One V comes in the colour of Jupiter Rock. Both models can be purchased at all mobile operators and authorised retailers starting 2 April 2012.
Recommended retail price: HTC One X (S$898) and HTC One V (S$398).
For more information on the HTC One, visit www.htc.com.
*HTC Media Link HD and HTC Car Stereo Clip are sold separately.