Canon DSLR users can now try out their desired lenses before purchase
Canon is now allowing its DSLR users to try out popular Canon lenses before purchasing them in the newly launched Canon Lenses “Try and Buy” Programme. The programme, which is the first of its kind in Singapore for a camera brand, will be starting from 28 March. For a nominal fee, interested users will get up to two full days to try out their lenses of choice.
“We believe in having our customers fully enjoy our products and technology, and our Canon Lens “Try and Buy” Programme will further enhance that product experience of our DSLR users by providing them with a platform to try out the more popular lenses before a purchase,” said Mr. Andrew Koh, Senior Director and General Manager of the Consumer Imaging and Information Products Group, Canon Singapore.
The Canon Lenses “Try and Buy” Programme is an initiative by the company to enable its DSLR users to try selected lenses for up to two days and make an informed decision before investing in the perfect lens to suit them. This programme will be extremely useful for users who are deciding between the different lenses in Canon’s comprehensive range of more than 70 EF and EF-S lenses. While there is no obligation to make a purchase subsequently, Canon believes that this programme will also attract new users to its award-winning EOS photographic eco-system.
The selected lenses currently available under this programme cater to a wide range of photographic genres such as portraiture and landscape photography. They include popular lenses such as the EF50 f/1.2L, EF70-200/2.8L IS II, and the EF8-15/4L Fisheye zoom. Canon will be looking into expanding the selection depending on the demand and popularity of this new programme.
Canon Lenses “Try and Buy” Programme
- Canon DSLR users can borrow selected Canon lenses for up to two full days (Excluding pick-up and return dates).
- At any one time, users can borrow a maximum of two lenses on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- A nominal fee will be charged for the use of lenses. Please refer to the Annex for the fees.
- Participants of the programme who wish to own the lens model they have tried can enjoy a discount on the purchase of the extended warranty for the same lens model. The discount is equivalent to the nominal fee charged when they borrowed the lens.
- All CanonImagingAcademy members who have enrolled themselves in any paid course/workshop within the last 12 months will receive a 50% discount off the nominal fee. Members who enrolled for future paid course/workshop will also get to also enjoy 50% discount if they participate in the programme within 12 months from the start date of their course/workshop.
- Registration and membership for this programme is free.
- Lenses can be collected and returned at the CanonImagingAcademy, Canon’s training facility (Located at 1 HarbourFront Place, #01-09, HarbourFront Tower 1, Singapore 098633).
- The programme will be administered directly by Canon Singapore while the sale of lenses will continue to be through Canon’s authorised dealers.
For full details including terms and condition of the programme, please visit the Canon Lenses “Try and Buy” website www.canon.com.sg/lenstryandbuy (Website targets to be up on 28 March). Users can also go to the website for more information such as the most popular lenses borrowed, the most viewed lenses, and new lenses included in the programme.